Well, well, it has been awhile! My apologies for not posting in several weeks. To make up for it, I’m giving y’all an extra-long list of weird, funky facts. Prepare to have your mind blown! Or something like that.
- People who have stronger friendships have the greater ability to communicate strictly through facial expressions.
- There are enough restaurants in New York City for one person to eat out every night for 54 years and never visit the same place twice.
- Phrases like, “Can I ask you something?” and “There’s something I need to tell you,” trigger parts of the brain associated with panic.
- If you had $500 in pennies, you would have enough metal to be melted down and sold for $1,000.
- You cannot talk while inhaling through your nose. (You tried it, didn’t you?)
- A wedding ring goes on the left ring finger because it is the only finger with a vein that connects directly to the heart.
- The human brain cannot create faces. Therefore, when you dream, if you see someone you do not know, you have seen their face before – even if for a split second at a store or in the streets.
- Apples are actually stronger than caffeine when it comes to keeping someone awake.
- There is a tree that “bleeds” red sap when it’s cut — it is known as the Dragon’s Blood tree (dracaena cinnabari) and is found in the Socotra archipelago in the Indian Ocean.
- All the American flags placed on the moon are now white due to radiation from the sun.
- Women have a heightened sensitivity to cold.
- Forgiveness actually has health benefits! It reduces the risk of heart attacks and slows down cancer.
- Being ignored causes the same chemical reaction in the brain as a physical injury.
- As a general rule, after about 34 minutes of conversation, a woman knows whether there is potential for a long-term relationship.
Enjoy your weekend! Don’t party too hard. I’ll be in my room, reading or sleeping and being thoroughly antisocial. 😉 Be on the lookout for a new post coming soon! Stay classy, y’all.